Monday, April 2, 2012

Living Greener

Over the past 4 years of living in WI, I have learned a lot about living a greener life. We definitely recycle, eat at least 1 meatless meal a week, and just try to conserve energy the best we can. I recently decided that I want to do more and to teach Little Frog about living a greener/cleaner life. The 1st thing I decided to do was give up soda. This is definitely hard for me, not that I keep soda in the refrigerator, but I would grab a bottle every time I would go in a store. I honestly am just not that thrilled with just drinking water. When at home I always drank Crystal Light, but really that isn't that great for you with all of the artificial "stuff." I have done good the past 2 days with water only! Another change, I planned our menu for the month of April with all vegetarian meals. Aaron is quiet skeptical, but I think he will be pleasantly surprised at what I have planned! I am also trying to cut out all of the processed foods and make things from scratch. Today I am going to make granola, homemade greek yogurt, and fruit mix-ins for the yogurt. Little Frog and I eat at least 1 yogurt a day. Think of all of that plastic we will cut out!

We also try to cut out plastic bags by taking our own grocery bags to stores. I bought a lot a few years ago for really cheap, but I want some cute ones, so I plan to put a pattern together for some to share with all of you!

I am excited to start this journey for a healthier life and earth!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment